5 tips to improve your overhead squat
Author: Admin Date Posted:23 January 2017
- Build Core Strength. This is the most important for the overhead squat. Some good excersizes for this are weighted planks and L sits.
- Work on improving your thoracic mobility by stretching with a foam roller.
- Improve your shoulder and scapula stability by spending more time upside down by walking on your hands and doing handstand pushups.
- Use voodoo floss bands for your ankles. These will often increase joint mobility, decrease pain and speed up recovery, thus optimizing performance and improving movement quality.
- Develop and strengthen your lumbar and gluteal region by doing weighted glute ham raises.
DM @ethanmarkemery on Instagram for tailored online Strength Accessory programming suited to your goals.